Friday, January 23, 2009

Thumb Sucker

So, yep I have a thumb sucker. Before he was born I talked to Jason about not wanting him to be attached to the pacifier, and he's not. We'll sometimes force it on him, but he doesn't like it at all. For those of you who don't know I sucked my thumb. I sucked my thumb for way too long too. So, it's extremely fitting that I would end up with a thumb sucker. It didn't even cross my mind before he was born that he may be a thumb sucker. I completely blame myself for this. I would much rather him be attached to the pacifier than his thumb. You can take a pacifier away when you want, but you can't take his thumb away. It amazes me that he can completely reject one but prefer the other. It makes sense to me that if he liked one he'd like the other. It is cute though to watch him suck his thumb. It won't be so cute though if I have a five year old walking around with his thumb in his mouth. Hopefully he'll grow out of it.

6 comments:

Felicia H. said...

That is so cute!

Jason said...

I blame you too.

Mindy said...

What a sweet picture! At least the thumb can't get lost... I am sad I didn't get to see you this last weekend, Dallas and Van. :(

Jason, the camera class was pretty good... darn you for teaching me so much already, though. ;) I'll have to tell you some of the stuff I learned.

Anonymous said...

YOU DIDN'T SUCK YOUR THUMB THAT LONG AND I HAVE THE VIDEO TO PROVE IT
DAD

Jake said...

Our opposable thumbs are what seprates us from the animals. so lets celebrate them.

In answer to you question I got an olympus E-500.

Congrats on the blessing.

Anonymous said...

Look how cute.
Hopefully you guys can get him to stop if he gets too old for it.
Or maybe he'll be like his mom and suck off the tabasco sauce to get to his thumb. =)