Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Two Weeks Old

We went to Donovan's two week check up yesterday. He seems to be healthy. He went from 7lbs 4oz to 8lbs 8oz in ten days. I'm no longer worrying if he's getting enough food. They had to do this blood test. I think it was called the PKU test. They had to prick his foot and get a bunch of his blood on this card. He was crying the whole time. I have a hard time not crying when he's just screaming and I can't do anything about it. He's fine though, of course. He's mostly a good baby. He usually only cries when he's hungry. Which is a lot. I feel like all I do is feed him. I'm waiting for it to get better. I'm really enjoying being a Mom so far. It would be nice if he slept for longer periods of time at night. Although, at one point last night he slept for three hours (which was nice) but, he then stayed up for an hour and a half. Which I did not enjoy. He usually wakes up every two hours right on the dot. I think I'd rather that if he goes to bed right after being fed. I love him so much though, so he can do whatever he wants right now. We've already noticed how much he is changing. He seems to get bigger every day. His face already looks different to us. A lot of people have said they grow so fast, and now I'm witnessing that. I'm excited to watch him grow and learn.

Boo checking him out.

7 comments:

Brenda said...

He is so precious! I loved seeing him the other day when you guys stopped by. He already looks so different. I'm happy to babysit anytime you need, you know. :)

Mindy said...

He looks older already! Tell him to stop growing up so fast! It does seem like they eat all the time at first.

Felicia H. said...

Allston used to wake up all the time too. I read the book called Baby Wise and it really really helped, if you want to borrow it let me know, we are coming up friday to get the ping pong table.

Melissa said...

I'm so happy Donovan is healthy! My husband has PKU, it has something to do with how much protein a person can intake. Thanks for sharing! He's adorable!

Anonymous said...

looks like he is afraid of that CAT
Cute facial expressions

Anonymous said...

He's a cutie...He has that look of concern on his face...He has grown up alot in just 2 weeks...I think he looks like his grandma...lol

Nicole & Ammon said...

Wow, he is growing! YOu must be feeding him really good! I bet you are the cutest Mom! I am not looking forward to the no sleeping thing again! Hopefully he will start sleeping more with every pound he gains.