Thursday, October 23, 2008

Donovan Lee Howell



Our baby was born! He came 15 days early, so we were a little surprised. He was born on October 19th. He weighed 7 lbs 11 oz, and was 19 inches long. He is doing really good. He had some jaundice, so he had to be on a light for a couple of days. He's off now, and we go to the doctor tomorrow to check him. Hopefully he's all better. We think he's the cutest baby there ever was.


Getting weighed at the hospital. His poor head was pretty stretched out when he was born. That's probably my fault. I think he got my big head. It's all better now though.

Freshly born.

His first bath at the hospital.


He likes to have a concerned look on his face a lot.



Look at his chubby cheeks.


The girls sure love their baby brother.


This is the outfit that we brought him home in. It is actually the same outfit I wore when I came home from the hospital. My mom brought it to us. So it's over 32 years old. I thought it was neat that my mom did that for us.



Here he is all bundled up and ready to go home from the hospital.



Isn't he the cutest?
How can you not love this face? How can a baby possibly get this cute? I blame it on Dallas. You can also see the nice light underneath him. That's what he had to be on for a couple of days.

14 comments:

Annalyn said...

Whew! That last pic made me wonder if you had an alien baby! Thanks for explaining the light :-)

Donovan is very cute! Fun to see the pictures. Yeah!!
By the way - your blog still has the countdown at 10 more days. Uh.....pretty obvious that isn't the case! *grin*

Brenda said...

He definitely is a cutie!

Brenda said...

P.S. You've gotta get a picture of him up on the side of your blog with the rest of you!

Anonymous said...

He really is a cute, cute baby. Love his cheeks. Congratulations!!!! And how nice to come early. How would that be?!!

Brenda said...

Good job getting that picture up on the side! He told me yesterday that he wished you would hurry, cause he felt bad.

Felicia H. said...

Yay, I love baby pictures! He is amazingly cute, but I know you both already know that. Let us all know what the Dr. says and please let Geoff and I know if you need anything.

Anonymous said...

Cool Electric Blue Baby Picture with no Hands

Geoff said...

Good lookin new baby. Looks kinda like Olivia in the first picture. Mostly just the first one tho

.:.stephanie.:. said...

SUPER CUTE! congrats again!!!

Anonymous said...

He is adorable. Congrats you guys! Leah had jaundice, too, and had to be in one of those billi light things. It wasn't fun. I'm glad he is home and everything is OK. Melissa and I thinks he looks more like Jason than Dallas -- but of course that could change as he gets older! We like the name, too, by the way.

Campbell said...

Congratulations!! What a handsome boy.

Nicole & Ammon said...

Congratulations!!! He is SOO cute! How are you liking motherhood?

Lisa said...

congratulations! i am so happy for you to have a little boy, and an adorable little boy at that. love, your cousin lisa

Leslie said...

congrats. he is so precious. i LOVE that last photo. he is just beautiful.