Friday, April 8, 2011

30 Weeks!


Well, we've made it thirty weeks. As most of you know I started contracting and dilating at 26 weeks. They couldn't get the contractions to stop at the hospital, so I had to stay for a night to get them under control. At the hospital they did an FFN test. How it was explained to me was, when the baby is ready to come it releases a protein on the cervix. If you test positive for that protein, then you are likely to deliver in the next two weeks. I tested positive, which is no good at only 26 weeks. They gave me lots of shots while I was in the hospital. I had ten different needles in me in a 24 hour period. Two of which were steroid shots to get the baby's lungs to develop more quickly....just in case I delivered early. I was a little worried about these, but was told that only good can come from the shots. I was sent home the next day with some medication to help with contractions. There was reason to believe that the FFN test was inaccurate, so they re-tested me two days later. It came back negative this time, which was excellent news. I was still pretty uncomfortable with all the contractions I was having. I also had a lot of pressure pretty much all the time. I stayed down pretty good for two weeks. The pressure finally went away, and the contractions were getting few and far between. I feel normal now. The contractions feel more like the Braxton Hicks now too. My doctor doesn't think I need to be on bed rest anymore, and can almost resume normal activity. She doesn't want me over exerting myself, but she thinks I'll be fine.


Also, they did an ultra sound while I was in the hospital. Everything looked fine. When I was 26 weeks, I was measuring at 29 weeks. They didn't change my due date, but there's a good chance I'll be having this baby early anyway. They're doing another ultra sound in two weeks to check the growth again. I'm curious to see if I'm still measuring bigger. I hope I am. :)

4 comments:

Mindy said...

You have such a cute baby bump! I'm so glad the contractions are under control and that everything is okay. I hope you're farther along than they thought too. :) I can't wait to meet the new little guy! Love you.

Nicole & Ammon said...

I can't believe you are measuring big because you look SOOO small!! I look like a whale at 30 weeks! I'm so glad your contractions stopped! My friend had the same thing happen to her and ended up having her baby 2 days ago at 34 weeks. You better keep that baby in for another 8 weeks!! Good luck Dallas!

Felicia H. said...

I am so glad you are doing and feeling well.

Amber said...

I'm so glad that you are off bed rest and back to normal! Take it easy and if you need dinner or anything again just give me a call!