Sunday, March 2, 2008

The culprit

So, here is the rest of the story of the bubble bath:

I talked to both of the girls about putting bubble bath in my fish water. They both denied doing it. Livy said that she saw Ashley do it, but Ashley still denied it. After school I talked to them both again, with the same results. I had them both go to their room to think about it. A little bit later, Livy came out all happy and said she was the one that did it. It seemed very suspicious, so I talked to her more about it. Then I had Ashley come talk to us again. Finally Ashley admitted to doing it, and to talking Livy into taking the blame for it. I don't know why she lied about it like that. I assume that she didn't know what would happen to the fish. I think she has seen me using the jug to put water in the tank, but she probably didn't put it all together. I was a lot more upset at her for lying about it and trying to get Livy in trouble for it than I was for the original problem.

4 comments:

Mindy said...

I would be mad about the lying too, but it probably scared her so bad that they were dying, that she didn't know how bad it would be to confess. I'm glad you figured it out, though. I'm sure it won't happen again! (The fish accident... unfortunately I'm sure the lying will happen again.)

Brenda said...

Kids always seem to lie. It's in their nature.

Geoff said...

Oh man I was wrong I thought it was livy. You have to give Ashley credit though getting livy to take the blame is not a bad idea. But it's good to teach her not to lie, but you have to admit you have smart kids.

Jason said...

Yeah I have smart kids. They are smarter than I am, especially when they gang up on me.