Sunday, March 2, 2008

R.I.P. Pepe & Otto

Pepe was about 1.5 years old. He was just a little guy, probably about 1 inch long. He was a brave fish. He liked riding on Dallas' Boyfriends back.

When I had to move all of the fish out on Monday, I couldn't find him. I had to empty out all of the water then too. When me and Livy cleaned the rocks on Thursday I found him. He must have been buried underneath the rocks when I emptied the tank. I hope that he didn't get buried while he was still alive. I assume he didn't, because he was pretty quick.


Otto was about 1 year old. He was Dallas' fish. She picked him out at the store. He looked pretty much like this, except his mouth was crooked. It was like 2/3 on one side. He would always act like a spaz when I came in to feed the fish. He would wiggle back and forth really fast at the top of the tank waiting for food.

He was in really bad shape when I got the fish out. I put them in Ashley's tank, and he pretty much just laid at the bottom. He was still breathing, so I couldn't bring myself to flush him.







The Survivors:


Wily Mo is the youngest of our fish. He is probably about 6 months old. He was pretty sick when I moved him. He seems better now, so hopefully he'll be ok. He is a weird fish in general, so it's kind of hard to know how he's doing. He is a Dragon Goby.

















Dallas' Boyfriend is close to 3.5 years old. He is a monster, probably about 10 inches long. He is a Plectostomus (another type of algae eater). He usually scares me when I have to move him out of the tank. This time it was really easy, so he must have been sick. He got his name because he usually is just sitting around on the bottom of the tank. When Dallas started coming over he would always start swimming around a lot so she would see him. I think he likes her.


As you can see, our two ugly fish survived. Ugly, but cool.


1 comment:

Mindy said...

I don't know if I ever met Otto and Pepe, but I feel very sorry for their passing. I am very glad that Dallas' Boyfriend and Wily Mo survived. I hope they get feeling better soon. It's okay that they're ugly. Sometimes ugly things are tough. Like me. ;)