Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Sweethearts 5K

So, I ran my first race. I ran a 5K in Bountiful. It went pretty good. I have a couple of injuries, so it could have went better. I ran it in 30:14, which is a 9:26 pace. Not too bad, but not as fast as I was hoping. I did okay during the race, other than some pain in my feet. I wasn't sad when it was over one bit. I ran it with my father-in-law, brother-in-law, and sister-in-law. Dad Howell's time was 27:27. Geoff and Felicia's time was around 36:36. At least I think these were their times. We all did real well. I want to do a 10K now sometime in April. I hope I'll be ready for one by then. There's no pictures of Jason, because he was taking the pictures. He was a proud husband. He told me I'd do better than I was thinking, and I did. Thanks honey!
Pre-race hanging out.

Waiting at the start.


Our two little fans waiting for us to get done.


Dad Howell pass the finish line.



Me walking across the finish line. I really didn't, that's just how it looks.



Geoff and Felicia finishing.


All of us after the race. We're all smiling. That's a good sign.



This is the best part about doing a race, if you ask me anyway. I was really bummed though, because they had me down as a male, so I got a male shirt I can't use.

5 comments:

Felicia H. said...

I look like such a geek running across the finish line.

Brenda said...

Looks like fun! Okay, I'm lying. That doesn't look like any kind of fun. I'll just never be a runner. I'm sorry you didn't get a girls shirt, though. That sucks!

Mindy said...

I like your jacket sweatshirt blue thing. Can I have it when you're done with it? ;)

Mommy said...

I knew I should of spelled your name Dallis...Then everyone would know you are a girl...I'm still proud of you, I wouldn't of made the finish line...Yeah Dallis!!!

Nicole & Ammon said...

That's awesome Dallas! Good job! I only wish I could run at all! I have no endurance! Good luck with the next race!