Friday, April 24, 2009

6 Months Old


I can't believe my baby is six months old already. It went by way fast. He is such a good baby, and so much fun. We call him a little jokester. There's times when he has his face turned away from me, and I'll call his name trying to get his attention, and he'll just ignore me. When I go to look at his face he has this big grin like he knows what he's doing, and ignoring me on purpose. Sometimes when I'm trying to wrap him up for a nap, he'll lift his legs up and roll to his side or pull arms out really quick so I can't wrap him up. The whole time he'll be smiling real big or laughing. He thinks he's pretty funny. He's starting to talk some. He'll say Da Da, and he's said Ma a few times. He's getting really close to sitting up on his own. He loves to eat. The only baby food he hasn't been crazy about is green beans. He's really interested in what I'm eating too. He'll eat anything I give him off my plate. I went out to eat with my Mom and sister last week, and I gave him lemon, onion, and asparagus to suck on. He loved all of it, and cried when I took the lemon away. We went to his 6 month check up yesterday, and all seems to be fine there. He only gained a little over a pound this time, but he's still in the 90 percentile. He also went from 75 to 97 percentile in height. He's a big boy. I've loved having him so much. I can't believe there's people out there that don't want babies. They're so much fun, and I think they make you happier.







4 comments:

Brenda said...

Cute! You need to get (or post) more pictures with mommy and baby. All I can ever see in the pictures are Jason's big head. ;)

Mindy said...

I can't believe it has been 6 months already! He's starting to look a little more little boyish and not just babyish... sad and fun all at the same time. Babies do bring so much joy... they can entertain you constantly, and they're so darn cute. You're a good mom, Dallas. I hope you get to have a bunch more of those cute babies! :)

Felicia H. said...

I was going to say what Mindy said, he is losing a lot of the babyness and looking all boyish and as always he is so darn cute.

Brianna said...

Look at my nephew!! He's so cute, I really like that outfit. Blue and brown go so well together and he looks cute in plaid. I can't believe how big he is, and he really is a jokester. Giving me dirty looks and then smiling real big. He's smart, he knows exactly what he's doing. Xoxo