Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Wasatch Back


Thought I should post about this, since I've been talking about it with people for about a year. Ran the Wasatch Back, a little over a week ago. For those that don't know, it's a 188 mile relay race. It starts in Logan and ends in Park City. We had a team of twelve, and each member ran three legs of the race. I had one of the easier legs. My first leg was 6.7 miles(but really was 6.81), 2nd leg was 3, and last leg was 3.3 miles. I did pretty good overall. I had a pretty ugly hill on my first leg, and walked about half way up it. I was congested and having trouble breathing, so thought it would be faster if I just walked and took longer strides. I was sick through the whole thing, ended up having a wet sleeping bag (which meant no sleep), had to listen to Mindy complain about hand sanitizer ;), but in spite all of that I still had a blast and can't wait to do it again.


The team did so awesome! I was really glad Ken put it together, and asked me to be apart of it. Mindy and me looking fabulous. ;)

Ken after his first leg







These are the members of the 2nd van.

Lisa, Kari, Ken, Mary, Joel, and Geoff




This was our van.

Me, Adam, Mindy, Brandon, Martha, and Anette was running at this time.





Mindy after her last leg.








The team running to the finish line with Ken.








We rode this cool tram down the mountain.

Wish we had known about it going up.



A view of Park City from the tram

3 comments:

Mindy said...

But the hand sanitizer was stiiiiinkyyyyyyy. Whiiiiiinnnneee. ;)

It was so much fun!! You did an amazing job, especially being so sick. Your picture of Park City is gorgeous... I wish I would've taken it.

Amber said...

How cool! I need to start running so bad! I should call you for some tips!

Brenda said...

Sounds like you made some great memories. I would say it looks like fun, but then I'd be lying. :)