Thursday, April 3, 2008

The Redwoods

Well, I thought I'd write about our trip. It was a lot of fun. Northern California is so pretty. I've never seen that area before, and I was amazed at how different it was from the Southern part of the state. The majority of the driving was in the mountains. It was pretty, but on the way home I got tired of the three hours of twists and turns. We did a lot of driving, and the girls were so good. Ashley was really good at entertaining herself. Olivia wasn't as good, she would do something for a few minutes then lose interest, but if she wasn't doing anything she would just sit there and stare and not make a sound. It was kind of funny.


I thought I would write first about our trip and post some of the pictures I took before Jason could. I bet his pictures will look a lot more professional then mine.



Our first day there we spent time in the city Eureka which is South of the park. We went to the Sequoia Park Zoo. It was free, we found out though that it wasn't very big. It was still neat though, because it had Redwoods all over the landscape.










Here's the girls in the little petting zoo they had.

This was taken our first day of going into the Park. It was raining for most of the day and it was pretty chilly.





















These are from the first trail we did. It was really neat looking up and seeing the fog all around us. I don't know if you can tell, but the trees are really tall.


Here's a cute goofball.



















Jason and the girls driving through a tree. There's three or four of these that you can drive through. I guess they are all privately owned and charge you to drive through them. So, we decided we only needed to drive through one of them.

This is what most of the scenery looked like driving through the area. Just big huge trees on both sides. Jason just couldn't get enough of it. He would stop every now and then and just look up in awe and say "look at how big they are".



This was taken in Humboldt National Park. I believe it was about 50 miles South of Redwood National Park. This was the first trail we did that day, and we talked about it for the rest of the day. It was so green. It's hard to tell in the picture how bright it was, but trust me it was really green. Clovers covered the ground like grass. I've never seen anything like it. This little trail was probably my favorite part of the trip.
















The girls by huge uprooted trees.















Jason and the girls by more big trees.






















Cute Jason



I'm still getting used to my camera, so most of my pictures were blurry. This was probably the clearest picture I had. I think it's pretty cool looking.

Well, there's some pictures from our trip. Hope you liked them. We really enjoyed the scenery. We had a lot fun. I would recommend checking it out for yourselves, because my pictures don't give it justice.

4 comments:

Brenda said...

It looks like you guys had a lot of fun, and the pictures are so beautiful! I can't believe they charged you to drive through that tree. That's crazy!

Mindy said...

That's one place I've always wanted to visit! We will get there some day!! Your pictures are beautiful. What a gorgeous place. Those huge uprooted trees remind me of some we saw in Canada. Nice pictures of Jason too. I didn't know he could look goofy. :P

Geoff said...

How fun, I havn't been there since I was little. I want to go again and take Geoff and Allston.
And I think your pictures looked really good!

Geoff said...

I want to go and do that next time instead of moving.
geoff