Saturday, July 11, 2009

Mom of the Year

A couple of days ago I had a wake up call. Donovan was on my bed, and I had to do something. I saw that he would have to roll over twice to fall off the bed. He was out of my sight for just a few seconds, and that was long enough for him to roll over twice. Jason was down stairs, and he said it was a pretty loud bang. He landed right on his face. He had a red mark on his head for most of the day. His nose took most of the fall. I feel so bad every time I think of it. It was extremely irresponsible of me. My baby is rolling lots now, and now I know he's quicker than I thought. Luckily our bed frame is broken, so the box spring and mattress are sitting on the floor. Uh....I want to cry every time I look at his nose. The first three pictures are of the day it happened, and the last ones are the next day.












5 comments:

Mindy said...

Oh, poor little guy!! Don't be too hard on yourself, Dallas... I think every mom has done that at least once!

Brenda said...

Don't feel bad! We all have our "mom of the year" moment. Have you forgotten to pick up your kid from school yet? How about finding that he's crawled out in the middle of the road? You'll have to try harder if you want mom of the year. ;)

Felicia H. said...

It's hard when they start getting older and can move more it takes time to agjust because you are so used to them just staying where you put them. agree with Mindy and Brenda don't feel bad.

Jason said...

I have forgotten to pick up my kids from school....multiple times. They got used to it.

Geoff said...

allston is always saying that i push him