Saturday, August 28, 2010

The Summit Triathlon

Today, I did a mini triathlon with Dad Howell and my brother-in-law Geoff. It went pretty well. It rained real good for about ten minutes before it started. So, everyone got wet. I was really happy that it passed by fast. We started off running 1.5 miles, then biked 6.2 miles, and finished up with a 200 yard swim. I'm pretty happy with how I did overall. I was really frustrated with the biking part though. I was using a Walmart brand mountain bike. I was pedaling as fast as I possibly could, and people were coasting by me on their road bikes. I wasn't sure if I was going to like this, but I found out I did. I like mixing it up with different things. I'd like to do more in the future, if I have a road bike. Maybe someone reading this will buy me one. ;) I'm not sure on the end times. I know Geoff got about 49 minutes , Dad about 51 minutes, and me 53 something. Waiting for it to start. Getting all wet.
Us right before it started.

Us again with Liv being silly.




Our poor wet kids waiting for us.





Geoff finishing up the run.



Dad finishing his run.



I always look like I'm going to cry when I'm running. I wasn't having a hard time at all.


Getting ready to bike.







Do you think my helmet's too big? I didn't know I looked this "special".



Just passed the finish line.




Us at the end. Yay!

I forgot to add, that I swam an extra lap too. When I thought I was on my last lap, I asked the guy there if I had one more, and he told I had actually swam an extra one and could get out. I would have had a better time if I wasn't such a dork.

4 comments:

Mindy said...

I'm so proud of you!! I love your swimsuit!! I love Van's face!! I love Ashley in the picture too!! Livi's face is great too... she's a hoot!! I'm glad you did this!! You're awesome!! I wish I could buy you a road bike!! Sorry I can't stop with the!!

Amber said...

You go girl! Great job!

Brenda said...

Good job, Dallas. You could have borrowed my bike, but it's still not as fast as a road bike. I was getting passed by a lot of road bikers too. It sounds like you made great time anyway!

Nicole & Ammon said...

You are awesome Dallas! I could never do that!