Friday, September 5, 2008

Mornings Suck

I started a new shift last Sunday. I now go in at 6:30 in the morning. I have to wake up at five in order to have enough time to get ready and leave for work at six. My first week on this shift was pretty tough. I've been working swing shifts for about three years, so it had been awhile since I've worked mornings. Also, I really enjoy my sleep and for me to feel rested I have to go to bed around nine. I don't like to go to bed that early. It would be okay to get less sleep if I didn't have a job where I just sit and type. It's very difficult to sit there and not fall asleep when you haven't got much sleep. For some reason they frown upon sleeping at work, so I have to try not to. I imagine though it will get easier. It's nice to have evenings off though. I get to spend more time with the girls which is nice. I don't get to see Jason very much, which isn't so nice, but this is what we have to do so we don't have to find a babysitter. We hope it will be a temporary thing. Okay, I'm done complaining now.

3 comments:

Mindy said...

Yuck! I'm sorry! And I have no idea why they frown upon sleeping at work. ;)

Brenda said...

I would have a hard time waking up that early too. I hope you get used to it soon!

Nicole & Ammon said...

Oh...I'm so sorry. I know how being tired at that job is! Remember those LONG nights there? Sometimes I would close my eyes for a minutes. Well just think, only 57 more days!!